Are Printers Still Necessary In The Workplace?
Have you ever considered whether you still need a printer in your workplace? While some may answer no, a vast majority still use printers for day-to-day office tasks. Let’s learn more about the necessity of printers in workplaces.
Yes! Printers are still necessary for the workplace
Before you invalidate the need for printers in workplaces, consider the following factors:
- Are your customers/clients paperless? Even if you want to go paperless and discard the printer, you may not be able to do so because of your customers and clients. Printers are necessary for printing hard copies of bills, memos, invitations, reports, etc.
- Cloud storage infrastructures are great for storing documents, but poor connectivity and outages can disrupt workflow in an office. Your only option in such cases is to wait for IT support to arrive. We do not face the same problem with hard copies of documents. It’s always recommended to keep a hard copy of necessary documents; you need a printer for that.
- You cannot send mail (not emails) without a printer. While emails have taken over formal communication, printed mail and letters still command authority and seriousness.
- Sometimes, working with a pen and paper is more convenient than a screen. Accessing hard copies is only possible with a printer.
- Printers are necessary for cost-effective marketing efforts, like pamphlets or brochure marketing.
These factors make a compelling case in favor of keeping printers in workplaces.
What to look for in a quality printer
So you’ve decided to buy a printer and make your workplace more productive. The challenge now is to find the right printer. Consider the following things before purchasing a new printer:
- How many people are going to use the printer
- How many pages will it print per day on average
- How many colored printouts do you need per day
- Your budget
The two most important things to consider are the speed and quality of images. Find a printer that ticks these two boxes, and then look for other features. Ideally, it would be best to use a printer with replaceable ink packs because they are generally more cost-effective. Ink efficiency is another crucial factor since you want your printer to consume less ink. Wireless printers are becoming increasingly common in workplaces due to their versatility. You can consult a professional IT service provider to choose the perfect printer for your company and business requirements.
Our printer recommendation for workplaces is the Epson WorkForce Pro WF-C579R. Whether you provide a service or sell products, this printer perfectly fits any workplace and workflow. Apart from using PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology™, this printer also has a replaceable ink pack system (RIPS). You can print 50,000 black and white pages with just one ink pack, and replacing the ink pack is simple. It prints at a speed of 24 ISO paper per minute, which is more than enough for most organizations. The Epson WorkForce Pro WF- C579R is ideal for all workplaces that require a fast and reliable printer.
Printers are going to be around for a while. Bring a quality printer to your workplace to experience the difference in productivity. Want more information on the Epson WorkForce Pro WF- C579R, contact Priority Networks Inc today!